Monday, July 28, 2014

N'FINITY 50 Dual Zone Wine Cellar (Stainless)

N'FINITY 50 Dual Zone Wine CellarWe have now gone through 3 of these units, so far, none work very well. Each one has been so incredibly loud, we have not been able to watch TV in our living room, and the unit is on the other side of a wall and around the corner in our dining room. The units are louder than the outdoor compressor to our air conditioner. All three have also fluctuated in temperature by 10-12 degrees. We are setting it for 55 and its cooling all the way down to 42 degrees and then waiting until its about 57 to kick back in.

After problems with the first one, Wine Enthusiast kept ignoring my requests, kept not returning my calls. Finally I wrote a bad review on their web site. Apparently they have editorial authority of these reviews, as it was never published, but at least someone got back to me. I asked for a refund, and they insisted it was broken and they would replace it. The new one arrived, and it was a damaged unit, broken shelves, etc, clearly refurbished. Again, the same problems. I contacted them again, and it took several tried before they would get back to me. They told me it was broken again, and they would replace it, but could not refund me as it was past 30 days.

Now the third Unit has arrived, and it is also damaged, scratched, dents, etc, and is even louder, and is still cooling much colder than it is supposed to. It's now past the 30 day return policy, which they would not honor to begin with.

Update: I finally filed a dispute with my credit card company and the company agreed to take the unit back, if I agreed to let them keep $100 for shipping. I did it just to cut my losses, at least I got most of my money back and my house is quiet again.

I bought this unit about 15 months ago after reading all of the positive reviews on the Wine Enthusiast web site. After spending over $1000 on a product that should have lasted for years, the unit stopped working just as the warranty expired. Upon investigation, it seems that this unit has history of failing within its first couple of years of service. I have read that people have posted negative reviews on the WE website, warning of the problems with this refrigerator, only to have their reviews deleted. Wine Enthusiast must know that there is a problem with this product and it seems that they don't want their customers to know it. If that is the case it is deceitful and dishonest. Please don't let yourself get taken for $1000. Buy a different wine refrigerator. As an avid wine drinker and consumer of wine and related products, I can say with certainty that I will never buy another product from Wine Enthusiast. There are too many reputable companies out there to waste time and money on this one! Check the reviews on other sites before you purchase!

**About a week after writing this review, the unit magically started working again. It is still working. Go figure!

Buy N'FINITY 50 Dual Zone Wine Cellar (Stainless) Now

The PCB died on this about 5 months after the 1-year warranty expired, rendering it completely useless. This means I was effectively "renting" it for around $59/month (not including electricity).

It pains me to give this item even one star; caveat emptor.

Read Best Reviews of N'FINITY 50 Dual Zone Wine Cellar (Stainless) Here

First one started heating up and boiled all my wine after about a year and a half. Now the second one (which WE kindly only charged me shipping for to exchange) dropped the red wine area temp down to 32 degrees today (but at least set off an alarm, so once I figured it out I cut the power). It's been maybe 9 months.

Please note: I actually bought the 175 bottle cooler from them. Perhaps that changes things, but given the other reviews I'm seeing, I don't think so.

Want N'FINITY 50 Dual Zone Wine Cellar (Stainless) Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment