Monday, July 28, 2014

AquaFresh Replacement Refrigerator Filter for Whirlpool 4396701, 3-Pack

AquaFresh Replacement Refrigerator Filter for Whirlpool 4396701, 3-PackI've always used the same discount filter online retailer for refrigerator filters. I recently received another set of 3 filter, so I installed one of them. Before I could get up off the floor, the new filter blew a seal and started leaking water onto the floor. I tried unscrewing and rescrewing it, but it still leaked. I opened another of the new ones and installed it--it worked fine.

Looking more closely at the new filter that had failed, I saw it had a different label from the old ones that I had always used. Made in China. The old ones were made in the US. Now I'm not so annoyed that the first one failed because I wouldn't have noticed where it was manufactured otherwise. I won't feed Chinese dog food to my dogs. I'm sure not going to trust them to filter the water that I drink.

The old filters are still available online. I've ordered three of them. As soon as they arrive, I'm replacing the filter and trashing the Chinese ones.

Who knows if they really work? How many of us are that concerned with whether our ice cubes or chilled water is that much purer than tap water --how do you wash your salad or fruits? with Perrier? But the reminder that you need to replace these always has my wife and daughter on my case that we'll all die of botulism if I don't replace them immediately. So, with that understood, it's no wonder AquaFresh prices these are 20x what it costs them to make.

Buy AquaFresh Replacement Refrigerator Filter for Whirlpool 4396701, 3-Pack Now

No comments:

Post a Comment