Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Maytag MBF2258XEB 21.9 Cu. Ft. Black Bottom Freezer Refrigerator - Energy Star

Maytag MBF2258XEB 21.9 Cu. Ft. Black Bottom Freezer Refrigerator - Energy Star
  • 5 Adjustable Spill-Catcher Glass Shelves
  • Ice Maker
  • Glide-Out Freezer Drawer
  • Energy Star Qualified
  • Electronic Temperature Controls

Did a lot of research on refrigerators before purchasing this item. Settled on a maytag because I heard bad things about the samsungs, and I figured Maytag has been making friges for a lot longer. From day 1, I have had problems. As soon as it arrived and I plugged it in, it started icing up the fridge part, even on the factory middle of the road settings. I called Maytag and they suggested I turn it down, so I did, then the freezer wasn't cold enough, so I turned it back up, and somehow that fixed the ice problem. Whatever. Then, 2.5 months into ownership, it quit cooling altogether, ruining all my food, and causing frozen dough to rise and make a mess in my freezer. Called Maytag and they sent out a serviceman, conveniently between the hours of 8 and 5. Turned out to be a relay, which of course they had to order and told me they would be out between the same convenient hours of 8 to 5 just to install it. If I did it myself, I was told it would void the warranty. It seems like nothing these days is quality, and everything is nothing more than imported foreign crap. Oh and another thing, whatever water pump this fridge uses to make ice has got to be the loudest one they could find. Its absurd that they think this is acceptable. Won't be buying another Maytag, Whirlpool, Amana, or whatever other junk they slap their various brands on.

Save 19% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment