Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Vinotemp VT-BC58SB Built-In or Freestanding Beverage Cooler

Vinotemp VT-BC58SB Built-In or Freestanding Beverage Cooler
  • Built-in or freestanding beverage cooler with front-venting system
  • Black cabinet; stainless-steel door trim and handle; double-paned glass door
  • Digital controls; adjustable temperature from 40 to 65 degrees F
  • 3 metal shelves; small storage bin; interior light; door lock for security
  • Measures 24 by 24 by 34-1/2 inches

My Vinotemp experience:

On July 10th 2012 I ordered a Vinotemp beverage cooler and it arrived in not working order I sent the cooler back to Amazon.com and they mailed me another one on July 16th 2012. I did not hook the cooler up until the later part of September since this was for a new kitchen build. I used the cooler to store water and beverages in my kitchen Island. From the first week I noticed the unit was not cooling well and had trouble maintaining a suitable temperature for my beverages it cooled between 45 to 50 degree's which is a warm soda. The unit later started to build condensation on the back and the cooling continued to worsen. I then noticed that ice was building up inside the unit. I put a towel down on the floor and inside the unit as soon as I noticed the ice building up in the back of the unit, in case it leaked out. I then inspected my floor and noticed damage to laminate. I called vinotemp and this is the start of the issues (amazon.com said manufactures has to deal with it over 30 days).

Called Paul at Vinotemp reported issues:

Repairman came out 10/24 noticed unit broke needed to take unit out of counter he stated the unit would not easily come out and needed me to take it out. Funny since it is a counter unit.

Took unit out called vinotemp to reschedule

10/26 repairman scheduled to come out. NO Show no call. Paid an employee to wait on him.

Called Vinotemp apologized

10/30 repairman came out. Diagnosed unit broke. Door failed to shut properly allowing unit to leak on floor. Unit un repairable. (See attached notice from Vinotemp repairman stating unit broke)

Called Vinotemp and emailed vinotemp.

Wanted refund did not want a new unit, needed this handle asap since I had 20+ people coming over for thanksgiving to see my new house.

Vinotemp mailed a new unit even tho I did not want one. Paul at Vinotemp asked me to send photos of floor damage and to try new unit.

Installed new unit before Thanksgiving, had contractor replace floor for $945.00 dollars.

About the unit

The unit fails to keep drinks cold but it does keep them cool. The temp is around 42-44 degrees on average. Unit claims to cool to 40 but it will not hold the temp. Fridges cool to 35 to 37 for example and produce cold beverages. Unit works at best marginally and at worst will ruin your kitchen, as was my case.

Later Vinotemp responds saying they will not pay for the floor and that they will also not take back the unit.

The unit cost me $869 dollars the damage it can cause to my floor is at least $945.00 as proven from the last episode. Vinotemp fails to accept responsibly for the damage to my floors which the repairman told me was the case.

The message in short is do not buy a Vinotemp if the floor or counters it is near is not water proof and if you buy this unit understand that it will not cool to 40 degrees and your beverages will likely be warm. If you have an issue with the product they do warranty it but I called over a dozen times and still did not get a good resolution.

In short I will never purchase anything from Vinotemp because if it ruins your property they don't care and will waste your time to resolve the issue.

Save 16% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment