Monday, February 24, 2014

LG LFX31925ST 35 3/4 30.7 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator, Stainless Steel

LG LFX31925ST 35 3/4 30.7 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator, Stainless SteelYes, there is a ice maker problem, and LG knows about it and has engineered a fix. The computer that controls the defrost cycle does not defrost long enough, so ice builds up on the inside wall, causing the fan that forces cold air into the ice maker compartment to make noise and, I suppose if it gets bad enough, stop moving altogether. I know this because this is what I was told when I had service performed by a local company who contracts with LG to do warranty service. The service guy replaced the gasket around the freezer door and the computer "motherboard" in the rear. An additional fix to the ice maker is forthcoming when parts come in that is supposed to increase ice production. This is a great frig aside from these problems, but at least LG stepped up and is getting them fixed for me without hesitation.

Huge perfect for a family of 7. I can see everything easily and it have great storage/dividers. Love that it is easy to fill a pitch of water b/c of the water placement.

Buy LG LFX31925ST 35 3/4 30.7 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Now

We are a family of 6 and we needed a new fridge, I waited a few months before reviewing this fridge so at this point I feel comfortable reviewing it now.. The layout is good the space is great and there is always enough room for all of the left overs.. I would recommend this fridge to anyone with a large family!

Read Best Reviews of LG LFX31925ST 35 3/4 30.7 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Here

We have had this frig for 1 year and three months and here are the problems we have had.

Electronic control panel completely stopped working for about a day.

Ice maker jams up all the time.

Three of the five side door pockets are broken. Today I open the frig and the condiments fell out from the side door storage and all the glass condiment bottles broke.

Also if you are not at least 5' 5" you will not be able to reach to the back of the top shelves.

This is the worst frig I have ever owned.

I have not called them yet, however we have read on the web that they know they have a control panel problem and while a good organization would do a recall or at least offer to fix it out of warranty, LG will not.

I really regret this purchase. If LG does anything positive in response to the call I will make soon, I will update my post.

Update 12/14/12

I changed my review from one to three stars because I called LG and received some results. I told the initial rep about my broken bin and dividers and he just wanted to give me the number for parts. I told him I should not have to pay for these as I have had five thing go wrong on this frig in less then 16 months. When I asked to be transferred to a supervisor he did and after explaining my frustration to the supervisor, he agreed to send out a new side storage bin and dividers. They came within four days. One of the parts was wrong but I know they tried and most of my storage bin problems are solved. I do give them credit for doing this and doing it quickly.

Want LG LFX31925ST 35 3/4 30.7 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Discount?

After needing a replacement for our 20 year old, broken down, electricity eating refrigerator, I searched the web for the best professionally reviewed refrigerator, then checked user reviews. LG was at or near the top of every reviewer's list and had no more complaints than the other refrigerators I had considered. After looking at several models we fell in love with the spaciousness of this extra capacity French door refrigerator and have had it for four months. What is so amazing is that there is so much more room, yet fits in the same space of our old refrigerator. The freezer is so large we were able to eliminate our extra freezer in the basement and the refrigerator has so much space it looks almost empty even though it is well stocked. I love the vegetable drawers that keep everything fresh for days and days, and the deli drawer holds an enormous amount of cheese and other goodies.

As others have mentioned, the lighting is fantastic and the ice maker is small but makes enough ice for our use (and has been problem free). It also comes with a tray in the freezer compartment where you can store more ice if you are expecting a crowd. But what I love most is the water filter that makes the water so pure. Although our town's reverse osmosis water is passable, I had forgotten what chemical free water tasted like and we now use this filtered water for coffee, tea, etc. and even our pet's drinking water.

This is my second LG product. I purchased a large capacity, self-leveling steam washing machine last summer (that I also highly recommend) after suffering with a Bosch large capacity washer that constantly walked across the laundry room and could never be leveled, and died after only five years.

I have to say that I am very impressed with LG products.

UPDATE: About five months ago I noticed ice building up on the top drawer of the freezer. I emailed LG to see if I had done something wrong when I changed my water filter. Within two hours I received a phone call from LG's customer service department telling me it was a fan issue and they were sending a serviceman to change the fan in my freezer. He showed up the next day and I haven't had a problem since. I was very impressed with their customer service department and their prompt attention. Great customer service, great refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment