Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Vinotemp VT-12TEDS-2Z Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, 12-Bottle

Vinotemp VT-12TEDS-2Z Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, 12-Bottle
  • Two separate temperature zones for red and white wines
  • Thermoelectric technology prevents wine vibration and is energy efficient
  • Black cabinet with stainless steel door and dual-paned glass windows
  • Approximate Bottle Capacity: 12
  • 4-Wood shelves

I purchased my unit 8 months ago. The upper zone stopped working. Customer service said I needed a part for $35 but it is back ordered and would be shipped in 45 days.

Now the entire unit has stopped working. They tell me the main circuit board has failed and they will ship to me with the other part.

The unit is a piece of junk and the customer service department is not helpful. Avoid this product/unit and company.

UPDATE:

I received the replacement part. Their installation instructions said you need a voltometer and a saldering iron. Puleeze. I took the entire unit and their replacement parts and put them in the dumpster.

Buy Vinotemp VT-12TEDS-2Z Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, 12-Bottle Now

We had this unit less than a year before the control board failed. The best Vinotemp will do is sell us a new control board for $35. Of course you'll be replacing their notoriously unreliable control board with yet another notoriously unreliable control board, so who knows how long it will be before you're fridge stops working again. I'm just going to try to sell this piece of junk for what I can get and move on to another manufacturer.

Read Best Reviews of Vinotemp VT-12TEDS-2Z Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, 12-Bottle Here

They removed all the bad reviews for this unit, including one I already wrote last summer.

So much for Amazon's integrity. This is the worst piece of junk we have ever received. Given as a gift in May, 2009, the unit's cooling board failed after approx 6 weeks. The customer service failed continually. The shelves were warped and did not fit. The replacement unit arrived in September. No instructions, then instructions that were written in Chinese English. It would take a professional electrician to install but they want me to do that. I might try, and get shocked and at least make some money in the lawsuit.

They may make good expensive units, but Vinotemp ought to be ashamed of selling junk like this.

Want Vinotemp VT-12TEDS-2Z Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, 12-Bottle Discount?

I purchased this product in the fall of 2008 and gave it a good rating then. Unit worked fine for 1 year. Then the zones started to have difficulty maintaining temperatures. If preset temp was 60 it would often run 10 degrees lower. Not good for my reds.

Then after 2 years it stopped working completely. Not sure about other Vinotemp products, but I cannot recommend this model to anyone.

Customer service says I have to replace both circuit boards! After 2 year? That costs $90 and you have to install and solder yourself that's crazy. Going to Wine Enthusiast and order a more reliable unit.

Save 7% Off

The unit looks great but unfortunately it is a huge disappointment since it failed in less than three months. The worst part of this is that the customer service is horrible so it appears that my unit will never be repaired. I have been told that the replacement board will be in within a week or two for over three months and I still don't have the part. I should have done more research on this company before buying this wine cooler since this seems to be the norm for this unit along with the company's poor customer service. I would stay away from anything that this company sells based on my own experience with this wine cooler as well as reviewer's similar experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment