Friday, December 27, 2013

GE GFC530F 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Disposer

GE GFC530F 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Disposer
  • 2600 RPM
  • 1/2 HP Heavy Duty Motor
  • Continuous Feed
  • QuietPower Sound Insulation Package

Like the previous reviewer, I worked for about four hours on installing this thing, cursing the engineers, etc., until I figured out that I had the rubber gasket ring installed incorrectly. You have to install the gasket so it barely hangs on to the bottom of the sink mount. If you can see the plastic bottom of the sink mount and not rubber covering the bottom, you've got it installed wrong and you'll have a heck of a time. If there's anyone that deserves to suffer (and it shouldn't be the customer!), it's whoever wrote the manual and did not specify this, because it's an easy detail to miss. Otherwise, it's a pretty standard disposal. Nothing fancy.

Buy GE GFC530F 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Disposer Now

I've never installed one of these, but have been using it now for over 8 years and its still going strong. My 4 year old poured pebbles down the sink and I was shopping for a new one. Found the manual, able to clear the pebbles. Up and running again! Working great! Would have replaced with the same model as before.

Read Best Reviews of GE GFC530F 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Disposer Here

I bought the 3/4 horsepower, but the installation is the same. I have installed 4 during the past 20 years as a homeowner. However, I gave up on this one. The rubber cussion mount would not fit into the mounting ring. I even resorted to my car jack to put it in place. I bougt it to avoid using plumber putty. Terrible decision. It went back to the store after 4 hours (i am very stubborn). I put an In Sink Arator in in about 20 minutes.

Want GE GFC530F 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Disposer Discount?

First let me say I have NEVER replaced a disposer before and I have very limited "handy man" skills. I decided to try to replace my old unit because I am cheap and didn't want to pay someone. I bought the GE disposer because it was recommended by Consumer Reports. I found this unit on sale for under $50 and it seemed like a straight forward install. I got the old unit out with some help from the internet and then started the install. The installation was sooooo easy it took me about 25 minutes to completely install it. Yes the rubber gasket needs to be installed with a lip below the unit but that is what the instructions tell you to do. I followed the instructions and had absolutely NO problems installing it with no leaks. Great unit and though others have said it is loud it is actually quieter than my old ISE. If you feel that this install might be to much for you, don't worry, it's not.

I read the other review on the site for this product and I think the guy had the ring installed wrong. Installation was very quick and painless and it fit the existing piping quite well.

The electrical connection was straightforward.

The constructions seems decent.

It is a little louder than I would have liked, but for a cheaper disposal, it isn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment