Saturday, August 31, 2013

Haier HUM013EA 1-2/7-Cubic-Foot Compact Space-Saver Upright Freezer

Haier HUM013EA 1-2/7-Cubic-Foot Compact Space-Saver Upright Freezer
  • Compact upright freezer with 1-2/7-cubic-foot capacity holds up to 46 pounds of food, with running amps of 1.4A
  • Full-width coated wire shelf slides out for easy access or removes for storing taller items
  • Adjustable thermostat for customized temperature control; manual defrost system
  • Reversible door with recessed handle for convenient placement almost anywhere
  • Measures approximately 19-3/4 by 19-3/4 by 20-2/7 inches; 1-year limited warranty

I needed a small freezer for storing excess frozen blueberries from a bulk purchase so after researching different makes and models, I finally decided to purchase the Haier mini-freezer from Amazon. Amazon offered free shipping and the price of the unit was $20 cheaper than my local walmart and target. It was very good customer service for Fedex sending two employees to deliver the mini-freezer so it arrived in excellent condition even though the way the mini-freezer was packaged from Haier was the worst I've ever encountered. There was absolutely no foam or packing material to protect the unit and after cutting one plastic strap the card board box fell apart.

After inspecting the unit for damage, I found one small dent near the top-right of the freezer door (See the images that I've posted above). I proceeded to follow the instruction booklet and plugged it in. I filled the mini-ice tray (Included with the unit) with water and left it in the freezer. Two hours later I checked to make sure the unit was still working and noticed the water had already frozen so now I have mini-ice cubes ^_^

I thought it would be helpful to include the mini-freezers interior measurements for usable space: I've measured the freezers interior top half at 15 inches wide with a depth of 12 inches, while below the removable wire shelf the bottom half measures 15 inches wide with a depth of only 7 inches (Usable space is lost due to the units motor).

Pros-

The unit is very quiet.

It looks nice and the handle is built into the top of the door.

The hinge can be moved to the opposite side depending on which way you prefer the door to open.

It has a switch in the back which allows temperature adjustment from 1-7 (I have it set on 4).

It has a removable wire rack inside the freezer.

Cons-

Some of the space in the lower section of the freezer is lost to the units motor.

I'm very happy so far with my purchase and recommend this mini-freezer to anyone that needs a little additional freezer space, but keep in mind there is a high percentage chance it will arrive with a dent >_

Save 6% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment