Monday, October 13, 2014

Wine Enthusiast Silent 12 Bottle 2-Temp Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator

Wine Enthusiast Silent 12 Bottle 2-Temp Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator
  • Dual Zone for Reds & Whites
  • Silent Cooling Technology
  • Temperature range: 45-65F
  • Touchscreen controls
  • 12 Bottle Capacity

I bought this unit in early January. It arrived quickly and looks great. After six months the left side no longer cools. Two emails and one voice mail to Wine Enthusiast have gone completely unanswered. Save yourself the time and money. Buy a more expensive unit that will last longer, or if it breaks someone at the company will care!

Buy Wine Enthusiast Silent 12 Bottle 2-Temp Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator Now

Purchased one of these wine refrigerators on October 1st on 2012. It was shipped to us and we set it up, turned it on and it seemed to work fine. We went on vacation end of December and came home to find that zone 1 which was set to 56 degrees had gone up to 70 degrees and zone 2 which was set to 64 degrees was now at 68 degrees. Neither zone would go to the set level. Went on line to Amazon and their return policy was one month. THE MANUFACTURER WON'T HONOR the warranty when sold by a third party, so basically we could have flushed the $190.00 that we paid for this product down the toilet and been just as well off as we are today. AS THE HEADLINE SAYS.... DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT!!! As a matter of fact, I will in the future boycott all products from Wine Enthusiast!!!

Read Best Reviews of Wine Enthusiast Silent 12 Bottle 2-Temp Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator Here

This thing is bigger than you might think--being just a 12 bottle unit. It is also heavy, so moving it around isn't easy. It is well packed but that makes the box bulky--hard to handle by yourself. My unit started working fine, then went through a week of throwing display fits--lighting up all elements. Had to guess at temperature settings. It also would periodically BEEP for no good reason, sometimes sounding like the roadrunner. However, after a week or so of that, it has returned to normal operation. Having discarded the carton and considering the hassle, I would not have sent it back regardless (and it has always cooled). Oh--it is also not quite as 'silent' as described--at least not if you are sitting anywhere near. I ended up moving it away from my living areas.

Want Wine Enthusiast Silent 12 Bottle 2-Temp Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator Discount?

I bought this because it was exactly the size I wanted and it had a dual zone temp control. However, if I put more than two bottles in one side, it won't cool lower than 56 degrees on that side, no matter how long I leave it closed. I am going to return it.

Save 40% Off

I bought this at the end of last summer because it fit perfectly on a counter space below another shelf in my kitchen, and the price was great. Looks elegant and runs pretty quietly. Sometimes the temperature dial stops responding, but I've found unplugging and resetting the unit can get that back. However, after about 7 months the right side stopped cooling, so I now only have a 6 bottle cooler :(

I'd suggest spending more for a better quality unit (I wish I had.)

No comments:

Post a Comment