Wednesday, October 15, 2014

LG SteamDryer Series DLEX3470V

LG SteamDryer Series DLEX3470VAfter reviewing Consumer Reports for several other dryers on the market, I ended up with this one. It seems like all the dryers on the market were OK at best considering the top scores on Consumer Reports were in the 80s. I decided on the LG because of the features and as a set for my LG WT5070CW washer.

My old dryer was a huge upright closet/dryer by Maytag. Since I always lie my clothes or hand dry I though the feature would be awesome in a dryer. That Maytag was huge and did everything but dry my clothes.

The LG is small in size for such a large capacity. It has a lot of features that are somewhat intimidating. It has a rack I can place inside the cylinder to lay clothes flat to dry. It also has a steaming option, which I have used and it is just OK. I didn't decrease my rating because of this because I rarely use steam and I didn't buy the dryer for this feature at all. I have placed large items such as rugs and comforters and have no problems with the dryness. I do, however, like to take out my clothes right when then are still a little bit damp but nearly dry to avoid shrinking. I have had no complaints about the dryer being harsh on my delicates or not getting my clothes dry timely. Just one suggestion and that you must clean the lint trap after every use like the instructions state. For some reason, clothes you think will not provide any lint still do.

I think this is a great dryer for the price. It's only 6 months, but I hope this machine will last me at least 5 years or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment