Saturday, August 30, 2014

Maytag Maxima 4.3 Cu. Ft. White Front Load Washer - MHW7000XW

Maytag Maxima 4.3 Cu. Ft. White Front Load Washer - MHW7000XW
  • IntelliTemp Automatic Temperature Control
  • 16 Hour Fresh Hold With Dynamic Venting Technology
  • MaxExtract Extended Spin Option
  • Dimensions: (WHD) 27 X 38

I bought this washer 2 weeks ago after my old top loader stopped spinning. This is my first front loader and I'm so impressed with how clean the clothes are. The cycles times are longer (but the time shown remaining is just an estimate) and I'm not sure about the "sensing" phase which happens in both the wash and rinse cycles-sometimes it's quick and sometimes it seems to take forever but the clothes come out much dryer than my old machine. My favorite part is the fresh hold-it keeps my clothes fresh if I can't take them out right away-especially useful down in my damp basement in this hot and humid weather. The machine itself is quiet even when it's spinning so fast and almost like a jet engine! When the drum light is on it almost looks like a space ship in my basement. I also can do huge loads which saves a lot of time and I can't wait to wash my bedspread using the bedding cycle. I actually look forward now to doing my laundry!!

11/15/11 update: While I'm still very happy with how noticeably clean and fresh my clothes are there have been a few glitches. A few weeks ago the washer would not open and an error message was flashing. It took one week for the repairman to come (with my clothes locked in the washer as no one could tell me how to unlock the washer to get my clothes out!!) When the repairman finally came he said I needed a new motherboard which has been an issue for these washers. I then had to wait another week for the part to be delivered and repaired. (Thankfully by then my clothes were out out of the washer!) It has since been working as usual.

Another issue has been at times the load does not spin as the sensor seems to find the load unbalanced. The clothes are soaked when you go to take them out so you have to make sure you put in an extra towel or something to balance things out and run the rinse/spin cycle. Annoying!!! For the money I expected better especially with a new machine. It kind of makes me nervous about how long this washer will last. I am now rating it a tenative 4 stars down from 5!

Buy Maytag Maxima 4.3 Cu. Ft. White Front Load Washer - MHW7000XW Now

We were replacing our 14 year old Maytag Neptune washer which finally died. After talking with a few appliance repair men, they all said to stick with Whirlpool or Maytag and avoid LG, Samsung, and Kenmore (made by LG.) Maytag is owned by whirlpool and the comparable models between the brands are basically identical except for small subtle feature differences, otherwise there is basically no difference as far as parts, engineering, and manufacturing.

Comparing this Maytag model to the whirlpool WFW95HEXW (same washer) we chose the Maytag for purely preferential reasons.

First impressions were:

1) 4.3 cu. ft. capacity is wonderful. We're used to a much older front load washer which had maybe 1/2-2/3 this capacity. It holds a lot and when we put in what used to be stuffed full load, this machine isn't full at all.

2) The Allergen cycle got out pet odors on "dog blankets" that we were never able to get out with our old washer. Just one cycle on allergen and there is no trace of the pet odors. Partially this is due to this washer just being a lot better at cleaning than the old one, but the allergen cycle and "sanitize" options are great for my allergies and for getting out musty mildew odors from towels.

3) It's very quiet. When washing the only sound you hear is the actual clothes tumbling, the motor is silent. When spinning it hums along quietly. It's in our garage but even if it were in the house I would consider it quiet enough.

Bottom line we love this washer so far. We have had no problem and clothes are coming out cleaner than ever.

I recommend you actually read the manual so you understand how to operate it properly. I see a lot of negative reviews different places on the internet because it appears these people aren't using it properly. Just 10 minutes with the manual and make sure you use the right cycles as explained in the manual.

Read Best Reviews of Maytag Maxima 4.3 Cu. Ft. White Front Load Washer - MHW7000XW Here

Bought this washer based on rating in CR. It started operating strangely within a week of receiving it. The factory service tech came and said there was nothing wrong. Two months later, it completely died. The service tech came again (after a week wait) and said it had a bad motherboard. That took two more weeks to arrive (the service company said Maytag frequently takes a long time to deliver parts and that waiting a couple weeks was not unusual). Then another week wait for the factory service technician, who didn't arrive within the FIVE HOUR appointment window (A&E Service rep: "When we say the technician will be there between 1 and 5, we really mean that is just an estimate"). So now it's almost four weeks without a working washer.

Want Maytag Maxima 4.3 Cu. Ft. White Front Load Washer - MHW7000XW Discount?

Bought this set over a year ago. Since then I have had the front seal to the washer replaced twice. Water is always in there and lots of mold builds up.

i LOVE this washing machine! It's VERY quiet and clothes come out smelling fresh and clean.

I believe in Maytag quality.

i've had it for a year now with no performance problems at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment