Sunday, August 31, 2014

Kegco Standard 2 Product Tower Kegerator Conversion Kit with 5 lb. Co2 Tank

Kegco Standard 2 Product Tower Kegerator Conversion Kit with 5 lb. Co2 TankThe kit is very well made and pretty solid. Few glitches: didn't come with the instructions and the faucet connection inside the tower was loose causing tons of foam and hours of trouble shooting. With some hardware from home depot and watching a few how to videos on youtube this is a pretty easy install and a great bbq addition.

I got this set for around 200 bucks and for the past year I have been very impressed with it. All the materials are pretty heavy duty and well made. The regulators for the CO2 and the keg connectors are pretty hefty, as well as the 5lb bottle.

I haven't had to fill the CO2 bottle more than once (I keept it at about 12-14 psi) and I have gone through five 1/4 kegs and one 1/2 keg. Also, a lot of people have questions about where to fill up their CO2 bottles...I use a fire safety equipment supply store and it costs me $20. If that doesn't work, look for industrial gas suppliers or even a paintball supply store.

The tower comes with a styrafoam insulation so the beer in the lines doesn't get warm in the summertime. If you are serious about building a kegerator, make sure you also get a cleaning kit. Whenever you replace a keg you could clean the lines and equipment. Also, since the CO2 is injected at the tap on the keg, make sure you dump out the first glass you pour (the beer that has been sitting in the lines and has gone flat).

The only reason I didn't give this set five stars is because it doesn't come with instructions, and I have made a mess in my kegerator more than once by reassembling it the wrong way.

All in all, if you are looking for a solid setup, go with this kit. Over the past year it has paid for itself considering I don't have to go out and buy 12 or 24 packs of beer anymore.

Buy Kegco Standard 2 Product Tower Kegerator Conversion Kit with 5 lb. Co2 Tank Now

No comments:

Post a Comment