Friday, May 30, 2014

155-Bottle EdgeStar Dual-Zone Wine Cooler

155-Bottle EdgeStar Dual-Zone Wine Cooler
  • Internal fan to evenly circulate air; Powerful compressor-based cooling
  • Tinted glass door
  • Capacity: 155 wine bottles
  • Rubber bushing absorbs vibration and noise from compressor
  • Dimensions: 69 1/2" H x 23 7/16" W x 26 3/4" D

First off, shipping was fast and the Old Dominion Freight Line driver was very helpful, courteous and exceeded all my expectations. Packaging had some minor damage and he helped me to unpack and inspect. All appeared O.K. with one small exception, "A bent lower frame on right side lower back. Was not a show stopper and I signed off on it. As for the quality and build of this product I give it a 3 Star because the shelving is week and does not slide out smoothly when loaded. The bottom shelf is not secured and extreme caution must be used when sliding out with bottles on it. It tipped down and dumped 11 bottles on the floor, the only thing saving the day and over $275.00 in wine value was a rug I had placed on the floor in front of the cooler, not happy with this and will be looking for a solution. Total volume is not 155 bottles but more like 130 :-( , and the shelves are much to close together damaging labels when sliding shelving in and out so I set the bottles on their side , labels facing to the right or left to protect them. Lastly, I also purchased a Edgestar 32 bottle dbl door cooler and must say that it is a much better cooler and maintains the temps right on the settings and no fluctuations. I used special refer temp gauges to test the built in displays and they are dead on, I am very happy! This so called 155 bottle unit is way off and temps fluctuate 4 to 5 degrees each way from settings. This unit was supposed to be a much better compressor operated type cooler, not so. For over all cooling I rate it at a 2 Star, not reliable and 2 stars would be a high rating too! I may just sell this one and buy 3 more of the Edgestar Mod. TWR325ESS 32 BOTTLE THERMOELECTRIC units, "This little 32 bottle unit works great, holds the temp settings spot on and it looks great too!! Will add to this later on after the 155 bottle unit is in operation for 30 more days or so... that is if I keep it that long!!

V/R

KMWhitney

No comments:

Post a Comment