Thursday, March 27, 2014

Avanti : EWC16B 17in Freestanding Wine Cooler, 16-Bottle Capacity

Avanti : EWC16B 17in Freestanding Wine Cooler, 16-Bottle Capacity
  • THERMOELECTRIC

I had two problems with this unit.

1) The manufacturer's packaging is inadequate for shipping (not Amazon's fault). I received two units (the second a replacement for the first), both were damaged in transit, and both have been returned. The first, the glass door was shattered, I suspect because the shelves were not well anchored inside (ironically, the manufacturer's handbook warns against shipping with loose shelves they should take their own advice). The second had a large dent in the door frame the package is simply not sturdy enough to offer adequate protection.

2) So, if you are lucky enough to get an undamaged one, is it a good product? I tried out the second one I received might have lived with the dent if I'd been satisfied. I found that although it certainly chills adequately, the fan runs continuously and generates more noise than I would care to live with.

I ultimately wound up buying an equivalent Kenwood unit, which is proving to be excellent and quiet!

Buy Avanti : EWC16B 17in Freestanding Wine Cooler, 16-Bottle Capacity Now

My wife purchased an avanti cooler for my birthday 18 months ago. It was a bit noisy but worked. However, it stopped working so we called because it came with a two year warranty. However, when you call the company they say it isn't under warranty and wish you luck. Then when you call back to point out that they are not being truthful they tell you that will cover the compressor if you go to an authorized repair facility. However, that results in an estimate of $250 to put the free compressor if you take it to them. So save yourself a lot of agrevation and BS and avoid avanti. BEWARE

Read Best Reviews of Avanti : EWC16B 17in Freestanding Wine Cooler, 16-Bottle Capacity Here

Have used the product before; liked it and ordered another. Came in looking like a forklift had hit it. Had to pay the return shipping, and a month later I still have no product. Had I known this I would have paid a few extra bucks and bought local. I will submit another review/retraction if/when this is ever resolved.

Want Avanti : EWC16B 17in Freestanding Wine Cooler, 16-Bottle Capacity Discount?

I ordered this for my brother in another state. It was very disappointing to hear from him that it arrived on time but was broken. I'm happy to report that the cooler was replaced very quickly.

Save 28% Off

Worked well for two years then died. Very good temperature control and sound level when it worked -even more quiet now. I would not buy another Avanti product because of the poor reliability of this one. I checked the manual and it indicates that if the power doesn't come on to check my circuit breaker. I plugged another wine cooler into the same circuit and it works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment