Sunday, December 29, 2013

Haier HVZ040ABH 40-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cellar with Touch-Screen Controls

Haier HVZ040ABH 40-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cellar with Touch-Screen Controls
  • 40-bottle wine cellar with electronic touch-screen control panel
  • Adjustable dual-zone independent temperature settings; interior light
  • 5 flat chrome storage racks, plus 2 half-depth flat racks at the bottom
  • Flat glass door; automatic door stop ensures a soft close; handy work top
  • Measures 21-11/16 by 19-15/16 by 38-13/32 inches; 1-year limited warranty

I too bought this item from another dealer for $100 more in price and am having the same experience. The concept was just what I was looking for, but there is absolutely no quality to the product. My problem started with the upper shelves not fitting properly and the temperature never going as low as I wanted for white wines. I called Haier and they sent out a technican who opened the door, took one look, and told me the insulation was blown out and the unit was not repairable. He then proceeded to tell me of all the problems I would encounter in trying to get a refund. Well, he was right! It's amazing how many faxes and emails can simply get lost at Haier America over a two month period. I am now in my 30 day wait for a refund after refusing an exchange. I will never buy another Haier product . . . a Korean product made in China.

Update Nov 8, 2007: I just received my refund check minus 10% for using the cooler. I called Haier and asked how I could "use" a product that had no insulutation. I now have to wait another 4 6 weeks to receive the balance of my refund. . .

Buy Haier HVZ040ABH 40-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cellar with Touch-Screen Controls Now

I bought this at Fry's for $299. At first I was pleased with the product. About 1 month later the fun began. The bottom portion no longer maintained temperature. I called and was surprised when they sent a technician to my house within 2 weeks. The technician said the cooling unit was bad. He ordered the unit and scheduled a follow-up appointment for two weeks from that day. I could elaborate but I will say that the part never came. About 6 weeks later I called Haier, who said it could take up to 90 days to receive the back-ordered part. When 90 days was up, I called Haier again and they initiated an exchange. In short the exchange took another 2 months. I received the replacement unit 6 months after I bought the original unit and 5 months after the original unit ceased functioning. I've had the second unit for a little over 1 month and now it will not maintain temperature. I've been on the phone with Haier for over an hour, trying to get a refund. Please pray for me. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the shelves are too narrow for their slots! Instead of wine bottles sitting on the shelves, the shelves become part of the stack of wine bottles starting on the floor of the unit. When I want to get a bottle out from the middle of the stack I have to disassemble the entire stack. This is a horrible, awful, hideous product. It is now 8 months after my original purchase and I've been through 2 units that each worked for 1 month. I'm afraid this will continue until the warranty expires, at which point I'll purchase a unit from a reputable company.

Read Best Reviews of Haier HVZ040ABH 40-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cellar with Touch-Screen Controls Here

I bought this wine cooler and it was never right from the start. It had wiring problems, and the parts were not available. After a month of trying to get it fixed, the company shipped 2 replacements to me (over 2 more months), both of which were damaged at the factory. Four months later I still do not have a working wine cooler. I have applied for a refund, which they tell me will take another month. More junk made in China!!

Want Haier HVZ040ABH 40-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cellar with Touch-Screen Controls Discount?

We have had several problems with this wine fridge.

The fans for the upper compartment (white wines) regularly seize when too much ice builds up behind them. Since the fans aren't running, the compartment (and wine) warm up. To get rid of the ice you have to unplug the unit, which causes all of the wines to warm up. Thus some of the wines we've wanted to save have both 1) gotten too warm; and 2) been through several temperature cycles.

The cooling unit for the lower compartment has now completely given up. The fans seem to work but with a temperature set point of 58 deg F it isn't keeping the temperature below room temperature.

Haier's only troubleshooting advice is to make sure the fridge is level and that the door is well-sealed. It is on both counts.

We're now looking for a new wine fridge, and it will not be a Haier!

No comments:

Post a Comment