Friday, November 29, 2013

Whirlpool GSF26C4EXY Gold 26.4 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Side-By-Side Refrigerator - Energy Star

Whirlpool GSF26C4EXY Gold 26.4 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Side-By-Side Refrigerator - Energy StarBought this unit back last October and from the beginning have had nothing but issues with it. I have had it serviced 4 times in the last year with now that it is out of warranty by just three weeks and still not working whirlpool has pretty much told me tough you have to pay to have it fixed if we send someone out now.

This saddens me since they claim that there are no recalls on this unit and they haven't had complaints like mine but yet check any of their major retailers on this unit(lowe's, sears) and they are screaming the same problem i am having with not just this unit model but several like it. They have knowledge of the issues with this unit and should not still be selling it to consumers it is unethical. I just have to chalk it up to a lesson learned I suppose.

The main problem with this refrigerator was condensation build up on the magnetic strip of the freezer door. After reading the other reviews I see I'm not alone with this problem. For some reason condensation builds up and water leaks down the middle of the outside of the refrigerator. I'm not sure but that could be the cause of the condensation. When spending this much money on a refrigerator you would think that it would work right.

When whirlpool service the unit they merely replaced the filter tub heater kit which made it work a little. My unit has not made a piece of ice in over a month now with it just being a little over a year old...stay away from this unit and this company if you want quality or to be treated like a important customer cause you will not get either.

Please read reviews on this unit at their retailers website. Lowe's to be exact.

Keep in mind when looking at refrigerators that Whirlpool owns Whirlpool, KitchenAid, and Maytag.

Only advice I would give to anyone thinking of buying this Whirlpool refrigerator is if you buy it you better buy an extended warranty with it

A lot of people don't know why their icemaker doesn't work or stopped working. I figured it out I think -the new design allows the water line to the icemaker to freeze up.

Various brands (we have this Whirlpool, but the Samsungs are the same for example) switched to an icemaker-in-the-door design to free up more freezer shelf space and claim a bigger total cubic feet.

Then they sold it to us, not ready for prime time.

The result reminds me of the Boeing 787 rolling out with the battery/charger operation not tested enough (today the whole fleet is grounded).

But the FAA won't rescue you and me.

After a manual defrost the icemaker started working. I noticed that it froze *AFTER* the bin got full. Easy to figure out that when the water was standing in the line for days, it could freeze.

I reluctantly decided to raise the freezer from -4F to +4F, and am hoping this 8 degrees warmer will do the trick.

But if it doesn't, Whirlpool is going to get tested for their service.

Buy Whirlpool GSF26C4EXY Gold 26.4 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Side-By-Side Refrigerator - Energy Star Now

First the ice overflowed, then there was no ice, then overflowed, then no ice. Finally they replace the entire icemakeing unit and it worked!... for six months. Now out of warranty guys will be out again tomorrow and I'm sure it will cost me. I'll get a new fridge before I pay for repairs.

Read Best Reviews of Whirlpool GSF26C4EXY Gold 26.4 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Side-By-Side Refrigerator - Energy Star Here

I bought this fridge almost 4 months ago and I have had no issues with it what so ever, other than not being able to fill it up! It's soo roomy. I read reviews that there were issues with the icemaker; however, mine has worked like a charm. I love the glass shelves!

Want Whirlpool GSF26C4EXY Gold 26.4 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Side-By-Side Refrigerator - Energy Star Discount?

So far we are happy with our purchase, very roomy inside. The only thing is that plastic inside isn't as durable on the doors. Ice maker is a little too loud when there is no ice in the bin, but after few fills we don't hear it at all. We are happy with our purchase and would recomend it to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment