Saturday, November 30, 2013

Amana Clean 'n Clear WF40, WF401 Water Filter

Amana Clean 'n Clear WF40, WF401 Water FilterThe generic filter is not similar to the original Amana filter and cannot be installed. There were no instructions included so any alternative installation methods could not be attempted. The configuration of the top of the filter is not similar to the original Amana filter.

I have an Amana refrigerator. Have been buying the Amana brand filters for 10 years. Decided to give the Water Sentinel brand a try. They simply don't fit. I'm incredibly disappointed because the box has the replacement model number (WF401) right on it. No go.

Buy Amana Clean 'n Clear WF40, WF401 Water Filter Now

The design of the product was not the same as the one it was to replace that I have received before. The one received would not fit into the receiving ring on the refrigerator as it was too large. I had to pay return postage for a product that was not compatible and I feel that the company should had offered free postage for a product that was not the same specifications.

Read Best Reviews of Amana Clean 'n Clear WF40, WF401 Water Filter Here

These filters are a recent answer to the expense of replacement filters, and they are NOT the answer. My Kenmore takes filter #46-9014, a number clearly marked on the package of the Water Sentinel. And it does not fit. I trued screwing it in for 15 minutes, finally got what I thought was the "sweet spot", and then screwed it in. Upon trying to get water out of the fridge, water sprayed everywhere and did not come out of the spigot. Bad product.

Want Amana Clean 'n Clear WF40, WF401 Water Filter Discount?

I purchase these to try because I was tired of paying $50.0 for (1) Amana name brand filter. I bought two of these for less than $30.00. It fit fine and the water tastes as good as the Amana brand filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment