Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Frigidaire FAQE7001LW: Frigidaire Affinity 7.0 Cu. Ft. Electric Dryer

Frigidaire FAQE7001LW: Frigidaire Affinity 7.0 Cu. Ft. Electric DryerI had the same problem with anything that had straps or draw strings would be torn apart by the lent screen handle. Emailed Frigidaire, no response. I bought a new lint filter, this did not help. When the dryer was just over 2 years old the handle broke off, and plastic housing started to crack. E-mailed again, still no response. Hubby attached new handle. Dryer is now 5 years old and the control panel caught on fire. Flames shot out of the top of the dryer. Sent e-mail they responded with " Sorry to hear about the fire glad everyone is safe. Please have a repairman look at the unit to determine the cause. The unit is no longer under warranty so you will have to pay for the call." I work for an electronic company so I took the control panel into them and guess what the fire started in the main board. I sent pictures of the control panel and of the dryer it's self (no other damage) and sent it to Frigidaire. Their response this time is I can buy a new control panel for $91 and the faceplate for $124. After researching this model further I found that many people have experienced shorts in the control panel causing dryer to shut off or lights and alerts to sound. We had none of that. It was working fine, then all of a sudden my daughter smelled burning electronics and melting plastic. Flames were coming out the top of the dryer's faceplate. My teenage daughter was able to put out the fire. Thank goodness w/o injury. Wish I could attach pictures. I did not buy this on Amazon, tho I was looking for a replacement when I stumbled across this.

Anything with a thin strap is instantly destroyed in this piece of garbage. Might as well just go ahead and throw out all of your favorite things if you buy this crap. I WANT A REFUND and ALL my ruined clothes replaced

Buy Frigidaire FAQE7001LW: Frigidaire Affinity 7.0 Cu. Ft. Electric Dryer Now

My electrician and I just took apart this dryer because the motor burnt out. We notice the rubber gasket sealing the exhaust parts was approx. 1 millimeter thick and had broken, causing the insides of the dryer to accumulate lint. This caused the motor to burn out after 2.5 yrs., not to mention it was a fire hazard. This unit should not be approved by UL. We installed a new motor and sealed the exhaust parts with aluminum tape, which is what the factory should use.

Dont buy any Frigidaire dryers.

Read Best Reviews of Frigidaire FAQE7001LW: Frigidaire Affinity 7.0 Cu. Ft. Electric Dryer Here

We bought a matching set of frigidaire appliances for our washroom, it was a really good price and we like them a lot. The dryer is efficient and I can run a load from beginning of wash to end of dry in an hour or so. The clothes come out perfectly dry and are easy to retrieve through the door. The only complaint I would have is about the door, sometimes things get pulled into the edge and don't get fluffed back in with the other clothes causing wrinkles, this mainly happens to socks and cloth baby wipes, so it is not a big problem.

Want Frigidaire FAQE7001LW: Frigidaire Affinity 7.0 Cu. Ft. Electric Dryer Discount?

Do not buy a frigidaire dryer of any sort. Anything with a strap or zipper will get jammed. The motor on mine burned out after four years! Repairman said appliance was poor quality not worth fixing.

Save 29% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment