Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Avanti : WCR683DZD2 24 Freestanding Wine Cooler with Wooden Shelves

Avanti : WCR683DZD2 24 Freestanding Wine Cooler with Wooden Shelves
  • Dual temperature zones , For freestanding use
  • Upper one capacity: 74 bottles, Lower one capacity: 75 bottles
  • Digital thermostat and display, Security lock
  • Dimensions: 71 1/8"h x 23 1/2"w x 26 7/8"d
  • Warranty: 1 year parts and labor, 5 years on compressor only

When I first received this wine cooler it worked great. Loved the layout and the dual controls. But after a couple years in service the compressor went out. Fortunately we had an extended warranty that covered the costs. About 1/2 a year later the cooler was down again. This time the warranty was up and the parts were on backorder. The cooler was down about 45 days before we received the parts (Which were very expensive). That brings us up to now and the cooler is down again, only this time the parts will be 2-3 months. My feeling is that a company is only as good as its service and Avanti gets and F. They do not returns calls. The local repair shop--their "authorized service tech"--is at wits end trying to get the parts for us. Well, after reviewing the cost of the new parts, we finally decided that to repair it again would be too expensive...so it becomes junk!

Buy Avanti : WCR683DZD2 24 Freestanding Wine Cooler with Wooden Shelves Now

Shipped promptly and was set up inside the house. The unit has no rollers under it just leveling feet. The compressor and fan are fairly quiet when they come on. Shelves accommodate various size bottles including chardonnay, pinot noir and thick glass bottles. Did not have issues with the fit being so tight that it scraped the labels off. It is rare that I was able to get 10 bottles on a shelf, so capacity was really more like 130 bottles than 160. Overall great unit at a great price. I would recommend it.

Read Best Reviews of Avanti : WCR683DZD2 24 Freestanding Wine Cooler with Wooden Shelves Here

The temperature does not remain constant, widely fluctuating as much as 7 degrees within minutes with no atmosphereic temperature change of any significance, and it will not remain at the same temperature range as its 683 counterpart right next to it that I purchased in 2010. Further, I called the Avanti service line to arrange a for a technician to examine the unit under the warranty. The company they contract with in St. Louis is called ServTech and the technician who was supposed to make the service call for them is Ed Springer. I arranged with Ed to come Saturday morning (April 13) at 9:30 A.M. I opened the main front door of the house around 9:10 or 9:15, thus leaving only the windowed storm door closed so he would know I was there, I saw his card stuck in the main door window. So the guy showed up long before 9:30, left his card, and took off. I never heard a knock and never got a call from him to tell me he was there. Wait, it gets worse. I called him 3 times on Saturday, told him that I knew he was there before 9:30, and to please call me back so he could come back and do the job. I never heard from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment