Thursday, September 26, 2013

Haier HVFO42ABL 42-Bottle Wine Cellar, with Contoured Smoked Glass Door

Haier HVFO42ABL 42-Bottle Wine Cellar, with Contoured Smoked Glass Door
  • 42-bottle wine cellar with LED temperature read-out
  • Electronic thermostat ranging from 45 to 60 degrees
  • Automatic settings for red and white wines
  • Soft interior lighting and contoured smoked glass door
  • Measures 22-2/7 by 24-2/5 by 39-4/5 inches

NOTE:

Haier no longer seems to be doing business in the U.S. I wouldn't buy their remaining products as they won't be around to service them or get parts or things.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

This model does not feature UV protection on the glass door so it's useless for storing wine long term except in a garage or basement. If you plan on installing in your kitchen, get something else with UV protection. Haier has a higher end model that does feature UV glass. Too bad because I think it's very stylish and understated and actually nicer looking than the higher end model.

The main thing to remember here is that you need to either situate this in a dark place (a basement would be better than a garage since your electric bill will be less) or you need to plan on using it only for short-term wine storage -very important fact to remember in deciding on models to purchase.

Buy Haier HVFO42ABL 42-Bottle Wine Cellar, with Contoured Smoked Glass Door Now

This is a great wine cooler. I purchased this unit about four months ago and have loved it ever since. Living in the northeast where the weather changes from cool to hot it was not very appealing to keep wine at home for more than a period of ~2 months. This unit allows me to store wine with the confidence that they won't be adversely afffected by the changing temperatures or extreme heat. Besides the functional aspects the unit is also well designed and not an eyesore. It melds into a room and is almost always a topic of discussion. The only complaint that I would have about the unit is that does make some noise, but no more than any small refrigerator would.

Read Best Reviews of Haier HVFO42ABL 42-Bottle Wine Cellar, with Contoured Smoked Glass Door Here

In spite of previous reviewer who obviously can't fit the bottles in right, I managed to store 47 (yes, 47) standard 750ml bottles. All you have to do is alternate the direction the necks point on the bottom two shelves, holding 4 each. I fit 9 on the top shelf alone, but it has to be the right bottle shape. The other five shelves will hold 6 bottles each 5 in a row, plus a sixth at a right angle so you can see the label thru the door. It's a snug fit, but it can work...

I use this to store red wines, and it does a great job for my needs. I have a small apartment, and this unit's size was perfect. It keeps the wines at the proper temp, and yes there's a faint bit of gurgling noise when the compressor is operating, but no more noticeable that your household fridge.

For the money, this is really a great deal, esp. with the 5-year warranty. ...

Want Haier HVFO42ABL 42-Bottle Wine Cellar, with Contoured Smoked Glass Door Discount?

I ordered this from Amazon as a gift. It arrived FedEx 3 business days after I placed my order, in great condition. The box was a little mangled but there were no problems with breakage or malfunctioning once I plugged it in.

The temperature controls are easy to set, and although the temp does range approx 5 degrees between cycles of turning on/off, a variance this small will not affect how wine ages. Overall, a very good gift for someone who loves to store wine.

I new this product was a great item. My best friend bought one about 2 years ago and has been so pleased. I was anxious to buy one for my husbands birthday. I shopped around and the prices for other Wine Cellers was outragious. They were not as attractive. The only noise you hear is a slight murmur when the celler turns on. I really think it is great. I hope to get many years of enjoyment from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment