Sunday, September 29, 2013

Haier HCR17W 1.7 Cubic Feet Refrigerator/Freezer, White

Haier HCR17W 1.7 Cubic Feet Refrigerator/Freezer, White
  • Half-width freezer compartment with ice cube tray
  • Full-width slide-out wire shelf
  • Full-width and half-width door storage shelf
  • 2-liter bottle storage
  • Recessed door handle

When I received my item, I expected it to be very heavy but I was able to carry it from the UPS truck to my room. It doesn't take much power, and when I first plugged it in, it took only an hour to fully cool down. The freezer freezes ONLY in the freezer, and the racks are all stable. It's a very good item that I suggest to anyone looking for a mini fridge.

Buy Haier HCR17W 1.7 Cubic Feet Refrigerator/Freezer, White Now

This is a very good small fridge. It has everything I'm looking for: relatively quiet, got place to put a big bottle of milk in and got a freezer compartment. It's worth its price.

Read Best Reviews of Haier HCR17W 1.7 Cubic Feet Refrigerator/Freezer, White Here

Taking into consideration what you are buying, this product meets my expectations. I bought it to replace a Black & Decker unit that failed after a year. The Haier does not have a light of any type which was an advantage on the B&D. In my experience if you try to keep frozen food in that compartment the setting must be so low as to freeze food in the refrigerator. That said, I'm using it as an "office" refrigerator and it works fine.

Want Haier HCR17W 1.7 Cubic Feet Refrigerator/Freezer, White Discount?

My Husband bought this fridge( red one) for me for work. It worked great for almost a year and then it inexplicably died. It was still under warranty so I contact Haier to replace it in October. I am yet to receive the replacement(it is 12/14) and have spent over 20 dollars in shipping them useless paperwork. They keep giving me the run around and saying it will be taken care of but they never call me back, despite guaranteeing they will. Customer service people are polite but have no information and can provide no help... other than empty promises of calling me back.

Save your money and buy from a RELIABLE company!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: A new fridge has arrived at my doorstep. Thank You Haier for finally taking care of my request. I wish my being patient and polite had been as effective as my being irate and fed up!



Pros:

it's a Haier

gets very cold

freezer is a good size

freezer freezes, as well as the refrigerator depending on the coldness setting.

top shelf is deep and goes all the way to the back of the refrigerator

adjusting feet for unbalanced surfaces

quiet

the cooling component look like quality,

and should last a long time just like my other Haier appliances.

Cons:

door shelves are nothing special, and you have to be careful

to open the door slowly so the items don't fall

bottom shelf is shallow

I prefer the blower type of compact refrigerators.

cannot fit a lot of taller wider objects inside

the top was very warm to the touch, but I am not sure why yet.

Update-I haven't experiences this since the initial experience of plugging this in.

I'll keep you updated if it fails or the experience remains positive.

I bought this solely on the name, since I've had good experiences with Haier appliances in the past, and none of them have failed yet.

Update January 16, 2012: I have a short container that I wanted to fit on the bottom shelf, but wouldn't fit. I had to remove the side door bar that is supposed to hold the door items in place. I really never had any use for the side door, so I now have more space on the bottom shelf. The metal bar is easily removed and easily replaced.

I now have fixed a major concern I had with the shallow bottom shelf. This may be a problem for those that want to store liter bottles though.

With all my qualms regarding the interior space, this refrigerator/freezer is ICE cold, and is so quiet that it's almost silent. I do use the freezer as well as the refrigerator. In the morning, I bring in cans of drinks at room temperature, and by lunch time the drink has a few ice crystals, and if I leave the cans in for 3 or more hours the drink is completely frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment