Saturday, July 27, 2013

Brita WPRF-100 Refrigerator Replacement Filter

Brita WPRF-100 Refrigerator Replacement FilterWe tried this Brita filter for our Kenmore refrigerator as an alternative to the standard Kenmore/Whirlpool filter replacements.

It is a bit cheaper, but we noticed that the taste was a little less than desirable for the first few days (after letting the required amount of water go through the filter initially for waste). However, the taste improved after several days.

I actually bought one of these from Sears... I was looking for the OEM replacement but they actually carried the Brita brand too. Since they were the same price I went for the Brita. It's been about a month now and it seems fine. Water is crystal clear and tastes good. Same for the ice. I definitely recommend this filter.

Buy Brita WPRF-100 Refrigerator Replacement Filter Now

I bought my first house with all new appliances about four years ago, and decided to stick with the OEM Whirlpool refrigerator filter the first several times before giving a name brand one a try. I'd heard good things about Brita pitcher filters, so I decided to go with it.

The Whirlpool ones had tasted funny and included a few particles at first; I followed the directions and ran a gallon or two through it right after install to cut down on it. The longest it lasted was usually a couple weeks. But it lasted a few months with this Brita one. My wife drinks water with almost every meal, and she refused to drink it until it had been in use for almost three months, whereas she couldn't tell the difference after a week or two with the Whirlpool filters.

It should be noted that the water tastes great now, so I gave it three stars.

Don't know if I got a bad unit or what, but I'll be going back to the Whirlpool OEM filters the next time the yellow light comes on.

Read Best Reviews of Brita WPRF-100 Refrigerator Replacement Filter Here

The filter works just as good as the manufacturer one for a lower price you can't find anywhere. Once you install the filter you must throw at least 1 or 2 gallons of water or until the water looks clean of particles from the water dispenser before drinking out of it. After using it for awhile you'll begin to taste cleaner water.

Want Brita WPRF-100 Refrigerator Replacement Filter Discount?

These filters are ok. It does seem like I had to replace it sooner than the filters I used to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment