Thursday, June 27, 2013

SAMSUNG DA97-02203G ASSEMBLY ICE MAKER-MECH OEM Original Part

SAMSUNG DA97-02203G ASSEMBLY ICE MAKER-MECH OEM Original PartI ordered this part to replace the ice-maker in my Samsung RS2530BBP refrigerator. The original ice-maker wouldn't drop the ice after freezing. It appeared to have a bad thermistor in the tray which wouldn't detect that the ice had frozen. The thermistor is apparently not available for purchase as a separate part. The new assembly shipped quickly, but I discovered the plastic housing assembly was wrong. The mounting points on the new part were "stepped" one one side where my original housing was flat. I was able to take the "guts" out of the new part and re-use my original plastic housing. Everything worked, but switching out the housing shouldn't have been necessary (hence the 4-star rating).

No comments:

Post a Comment